Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Interested in Joining? Here's how

If anyone is interested in joining the Knitting Illini, it's never too late!  Just send an email to illini.knitting@gmail.com with your full name, your UIUC NetID, and your skill level.  Skill levels are as follows:


New beginner: No previous experience- I want to learn how!
Beginner: I know the bare minimum, but want to expand my knitting skills.
Intermediate: I know more than the basics, but still could learn some more tricks or techniques
Advanced: I feel comfortable with most patterns, and could teach beginners to knit.
Expert: I am a knitting god/goddess.  

If you'd like to sign up for a beginner knitting class, let me know in the same email.  Beginner classes will start up sometime in February and will go for a few sessions.  Classes are $5.00 per session, paid when you arrive for the class.  They will take place during scheduled meetings.  You will be paired up with an advanced knitter who will help you learn the following techniques: Cast On, Knit, Purl, Decrease, and finishing techniques.  You'll be given a pattern for a winter hat, and from there you'll learn the basic techniques employed by almost every knitting pattern.  

If you already know how to read patterns, but you don't have the money/patterns that you'd like, feel free to ask me and I can bring in my pattern binder for you to look through.  I'm a bit of a nut about knitting, so there's A LOT of patterns.  

Any questions, email me at illini.knitting@gmail.com

No comments: